Thursday, January 08, 2009

Music of the Sphere

Horse Latitudes City here lately, though certainly not because of the music. Thanks, hosts. And of course, thank YOU for favoring us with a visit.

The Bicycles - What A Fool & Won't She Be Surprised - Let Me Like It
The Jezabels - Be A Star - Let Me Like It - Excellent blog, new to me, has lots of artists I hadn't heard of--definitely not the same old same old

Burning Hearts - I Lost My Colour Vision - Milk Milk Lemonade
Sune Rose Wagner - Hvad Der Sker - Dead Flowers - #7 on Mike's excellent Best of 2008 List - Wagner raves on nicely solo, too.

Kent - Revolt III & Generation Ex & VinterNoll 2 & Klaparen - a PLAGUE of ANGELS
Kent - Parlor & Kram (Sa nara far ingen ga) - a PLAGUE of ANGELS

Viva Voce - Brightest Part Of Everyone - mp3hugger
My Raining Stars - Head Over Heels - mp3hugger

You, Me & Iowa - Perpendicularly Speaking - CYSTSFTS
Underworld - Born Slippy - CYSTSFTS - my favorite scene in Trainspotting

Nada Surf - I Like What You Say - Bag of Songs - #24
The Swimmers - It's Time They Knew - Bag of Songs

Okay, now look. That excellent bunch of songs from Raven Sings the Blues I pointed you towards last week was only part of the rich haul there. I really like these next ones, too, but not all poppers will. Some of them are very psychy and garagy and weird and stuff, so you've been caveated.

Jacuzzi Boys - Island Avenue - Raven Sings the Blues
Jay Reatard - An Ugly Death - Raven Sings the Blues - The keys in the chorus unlocked it for me. - Scroll down to #5.
Blank Dogs - Ants - Raven Sings the Blues - Sometimes psychers weaken great songs with a bit too much distortion. (Also sprach Pop Wimp pplist) - #6

Them - Walking in the Queen's Garden - Raven Sings the Blues
Nodzzz - Is She There & I Can't Wait - Raven Sings the Blues - low-fi pop
Snake Flower II - Talk About It - Raven Sings the Blues
Thomas Function - Snake in the Grass - Raven Sings the Blues - #12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank YOU for all these great posts...and GO EAGLES!

LetMeLikeIt said...

Thanks so much for featuring my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...