Sunday, September 07, 2008

Restoration Project, Part 1: Tesco Chainstore Mascara

Katie 'n David (l to r)

When I started this bloggy thing almost two years ago I had no idea what an emotional rollercoaster I was mounting. The first time I found links removed on some favorite songs, I almost reached for the blade, especially with the two groups I intend to post the next couple of days. Imagine my euphoria to find them restored. Right, you can't.

Tesco Chainstore Mascara were one of my earliest posts. I had loved "Just the Weight You Are" as well as other of their tunes favebloggers brought to my attention. I shared Indie-MP3's Tom's worries about the Staffordshire duo's whatabouts and decided to write them. TCMer David wrote me back with explanations you can read over at their MySpace site and gave me permish to post any songs I like. It would be porcine to do that, as I like them all, so I'll narrow it to the following and encourage you to go to their MySpace(s)--here and here-- for the rest. If you don't have a MySpace account, it would be worth it to get one just to get the songs. And, no, my only MySpace friend, Tom, (not Indie-MP3's Tom...sorry this is getting so complicated) isn't paying me to say that. Far be it from me to venture an opinion, but the fact they remain unsigned is more unconscionable than the Republican ticket. (Well, okay, almost.) 100-proof pop.

That Thing You Do (The Wonders cover) mp3
Mamma Mia (ABBA cover) mp3 - Guess whose version I prefer.

I don't do a lot of vids, but this one of "Writer's Block" is fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...