Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mars Needs Gui- . . . Ears


One of the most enjoyable things about doing this blog has been hearing from bands new to me and, sometimes, just plain new. After I posted songs by Boston's The Prime Movers, Chris Gorham invited me to take a listen to him and fellow Beantowners Mars, and I'm awfully glad I did, as you'll soon hear. Their self-titled EP drops tomorrow, and they'll be having a CD release party January 5 at the Lizard Lounge in Cambridge (Mass., that is). Words cannot express how much I wish I could be in one of my favorite cities in the world for the gala occasion! How 'bout it, Chris? Airplane tix, luxury accomodations, all expenses-paid-payola-kinda-thing? Oops, must avoid all appearance of evil (whatever's going on behind the scenes, i.e., nada). XTC had five senses working overtime; Mars one-upsy daisies them in this song. Good luck, guys.


Click their name to go to their MySpace site to hear more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...