Sunday, May 27, 2007

My New Friend

Once again, I’ve got a new blogfriend. He’s jimweed over at The House of Leaf and Lime. As usual, my new friend doesn’t actually know me, but that’s okay because sometimes unreciprocated—if that’s how it eventuates—friendship is best. I’m basically shy and wear thin and he’d only reject me in the end and I’d be frustrated. But I’ll tell you what, after spending several hours going through his entire archive Saturday afternoon, one thing is certain: jimweed's got a ton of top-notch tuneage, and I was smiling out loud at his pert(inent), pithy repartee. Below are links to my favorites. Thanks, jim, and keep up the great work. Oh, and btw, as a token of admiration and gratitude, instead of coding your blog name in the customary orange, I'm shattering Powerpopulist tradition and coding it in a special leaf-&-limepeel green I asked Blogger to mix up for me. jim, I know from spending so much time in da House yesterday, you are the kind of feller that might well burst into tears at such a gesture, so please, go right ahead.

Flop - The Great Valediction - The House of Leaf and Lime
Sparklehorse - Almost Lost My Mind - The House of Leaf and Lime
Baby Lemonade - Clap Your Hands - The House of Leaf and Lime
Scrabbel - Sena Song - The House of Leaf and Lime
BC Camplight - Blood and Peanut Butter - The House of Leaf and Lime
The Sugarplastic - Autumn All The Time - The House of Leaf and Lime

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi from the ash guy ("john")- i cant tell you how much i love yr blog - it is my homepage if that tells you anything - you have impecable (sp- you are the teacher - did i spell that right? prob not : ) taste, man! you have turned me on to so many good bands. thanks and hope yr having a great summer! john

pplist said...

Wow, John, you just made my day/week/summer/epoch! I don't get a lot of feedback, so your words are triply appreciated. I'm still grooving on Ash and looking forward to buying TWILIGHT OF THE INNOCENTS when it's released on Monday, 7/2/07. As I said in a previous post, your turning me on to them is one of the very toppermost musical events of the year for me. You have a great summer, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...