Thursday, January 11, 2007

Heyday Revisited: Something Happens

Here’s the opening line in the Wikipedia summary: “Something Happens were an Irish pop-rock band whose heyday was the late 1980s – early 1990s." Heyday. Late 1980s – early 1990s. I'm suing the Wikis for stealing my theme line. Maybe. Anyway, I loved this band as soon as I heard their second full-length, Stuck Together with God's Glue. “What Now” is a pretty much perfect song, but please don't take my word for it. The Wikipedia article says “Parachute” and “Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello (Petrol)” were more popular, so please go check them out here. "Hello, Hello. . ." had a winsome video, but when I just went to see if it's available, da Tube was tied up. I'll check it again later. You can also sample and buy other Something Happens albums here. One week post. Good buy.

Something Happens - What Now

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this.
I have this release only on cassette, so it's nice to be able to have it in a different format.
I got to see these guys here in St.Louis after the album came out and they were pretty good.
Unfortunately, their next album was pretty bad and I lost track of them.

pplist said...

I'm glad you like it. I bought it on cassette myself, back in the early 90s. I recently bought the CD at Amazon, and it's well worth it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...