Monday, November 13, 2006

Thanks to Absolute Powerpop & To All Visitors

Many thanks to Steve over at Absolute Powerpop for linking to us here at Powerpopulist. I would like to welcome any of you who might be visiting from AP and hope you find lots of music here to like. Of course, that welcome goes out to each and all of you who drop by. Thank you for coming. I hope you'll stay, listen, download, and go purchase the music you like best. I was remiss last week in thanking Gary at Seattle-Powerpop for linking as well. I'm really glad to be sharing among all the powerpop community. I look forward to enjoying lots of great music together.

By rough count, we've posted over 90 songs and 9 videos during our first two weeks, so please scroll down and see if any of it tickles your fancy. Since this is a new blog, I've purposely kept everything so far on this one page to make it easier to scroll down. So far the most popular postings have been Ether Aura, Swedish Polarbears (and also here), DAYS, Tesco Chainstore Mascara, The Cavedogs, Velvet Crush, The Beatles bootlegs, Bedroom Eyes/The Tyde/She, Sir, and The High Water Marks, but there's plenty more good stuff as well. My main focus at Powerpopulist is on listening to music, so if you want more in the way of commentary, I encourage you to click on the links I provide and to visit my Favorite Music Blogs listed to the right. I visit them regularly and benefit from their analysis and insights. I also regularly visit MySpace, band, and record label sites looking for music in the powerpop tradition, broadly interpreted. Anyway, I'm very glad you're here and I hope you'll keep coming back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...